YIELD: 5 servings
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
Butter: 30 gm (melted)
Granulated sugar: 60gm
Cream cheese: 200 gm
Greek yogurt: 50 gm
Heavy cream: 100 ml
Vanilla extract: 1.5 tsp
Lemon juice: 1/4
Corn starch: 1 tbsp
1.Add graham crackers or any other biscuit that you like into a ziploc.
2.Crush them into a fine powder using a roller pin.
3.Add melted butter
4.Add granulated sugar.
5. Mix well and flatten it out to make the crust for your cheesecake.
6. Bake the crust for 8-10 mis at 150 C till golden brown and set.
7. In a bowl add cream cheese (softened at room temp)
8. Now add sugar and whisk
9. Add heavy cream.
10. Add greek yogurt or sour cream.
11. Whisk but don't over mix it.
12. Now add two beaten eggs and fold it into the mixture.
13. Add vanilla extract.
14. Add cornstarch and lemon juice and mix well.
15. Pour the prepared batter onto your cooled baked crust.
16. Make sure there are no air bubbles trapped in your batter.
17. Prepare a water bath by adding boiling water in a tray and placing it under the cheesecake mix. To prevent unwanted seepage of water into the cake tin cover it up with foil. This step is done to keep the cake moist and prevent cracks.
18. Bake at 180 C for 30 mins followed by 150 C for 30 mins.
To know whether your cheesecake is cooked remove it every half hour and check if it jiggles just a little bit and make sure it does not set completely.
19. Turn the oven off and keep the cheesecake in the oven for an hour so that it doesn't contract due to immediate change in temperature.
20. Now place it on the counter and let it cool. Refrigerate overnight.
Serve with fresh whipped cream or chocolate syrup!